RAWSOME REDFORD PIZZA
By Shelley Redford Young
Anytime we can eat beautiful RAW food, we are increasing the electrical (electron) potential of our bodies which in turn will increase our energy reserves. I hope you will savor this wonderful adaptation from conventional acidifying pizza to the alkalizing properties of this 100% RAW Pizza. It is wonderfully filling and packed with calcium, magnesium, lycopene, protein, vitamins and minerals to make it a Perfect MEAL!!!!
You will need a dehydrator to make the pizza crusts and a food processor to make the Almond Cheese, and the Rich Tomato Topping. If you make these all ahead, then assembly your Raw Redford Pizza will take hardly anytime at all!! ENJOY!
I use the Excalibur dehydrator to make perfect crusts that can also double as great crackers or tostada flatties.
1. Grind flax seeds to powder and place in a bowl with water, enough to cover over the flax powder. Stir ground flax seeds into water and let thicken while you work on the rest of the crust ingredients. Set aside.
2. Rinse and drain soaked seeds and nuts and add them to your Cuisinart (food processor) with all the remaining ingredients. Mix well until you have a smooth thick paste consistency. You may have to stop and stir a few times to get this mix well blended. Adjust with water at the end until you have a good consistency that can be rolled out with a rolling pin or pressed in a tortilla press between two pieces of thick plastic. (I use the plastic bags that my Jaffe products come packaged in)
3. Make pizza crust rounds the desired size. I like to make them smaller for individual size pizzas (5-7 inches in diameter). Once you get them pressed in between your plastic sheets, carefully peel down top plastic layer to expose the top side of the crust, then flip it over onto the dehydrator sheet and carefully peel down the remaining plastic sheet. (For the dehydrator, you can use a teflex sheet or I use the screened sheet with small holes in it to allow the crust to dehydrate on both sides evenly) Dehydrate the crusts overnight.
This fluffy creamy spread is so concentrated and rich. Use it anywhere (wraps, pizzas, celery filling or where ever you would used mayonnaise) Quickly blanch the almonds to easily remove the brown skins.
Place all wet ingredients into Cuisinart. With the Cuisinart running drop the blanched almonds through the top opening to blend well and emulsify to a thick fluffy consistency. Scrape sides and stir if needed. Adjust consistency with water if needed. Refrigerate mixture in an airtight container.
Sauce for Pizza
Place all ingredients into Cuisinart and pulse chop to chunky consistency. Set aside
Toppings for Pizza
Choose any of the following toppings to sprinkle over the top of the pizzas
Shredded/julienne zucchini, carrots, jicama, Shredded cabbage, romaine lettuce, beets etc. Minced Raw Spinach or bell peppers
Place crust on counter and spread with a thick layer of Almond Cheese/Mayo. Spread a thick layer of Pizza Tomato Sauce over the Cheese Sprinkle toppings over the top and serve immediately. YUMMY!!!!!!
Sauces will keep in the fridge for 3-5 days. Pizza Crusts will keep for up to two weeks if kept dry and cool.
Asparagus BundlesRecipe adapted from Hobby Farms Magazine provided with permission.
Directions : In a steamer, steam the asparagus with the green onion stems until crisp-tender. Drain. Divide asparagus into four bundles and tie each bundle with two green onion stems. Transfer bundles to serving plate. In a small bowl, combine avacado butter, lemon peel, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup of the thyme blossoms. Spoon over asparagus and ganish with remaining thyme blossoms and lemon slices.
Can't get enough Roasted Eggplant?
Directions: Take eggplant...roast on open fire till it is mostly cooked. Cool and Peel all burned skin off. Chop eggplant into small pieces. Finely mince the onion. Place eggplant in bowl, add onion, olive oil, salt. Mix well. It's delicious
China Moon Vegetable Pasta With Coconut Lotus SauceDonated by Lisa L-Kerdy
Serves 6 - 8
BEST IN SHOW
Directions : Cover lower oven rack with aluminum foil to catch any drippings.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Make a one inch slit in top of spaghetti squash. Bake on upper oven rack for 30-40 minutes, until squash gives to gentle pressure but is not mushy.
Bring water to a boil in bottom of large pot with steamer tray, then reduce to simmer. Place vegetables in steamer starting with scalloins and carrots and continuing in order listed above. Cover and steam gently for 3-5 minutes, then turn off heat. The stored heat will continue to cook the vegetables. Be careful not to let them get overdone!
Cut squash in half and scoop seeds out of center. Run fork lengthwise along the inside of the squash to form "spaghetti", and scoop gently onto plates or into shallow bowls.
When veggies are done, remove steamer tray from pot. (Save broth for a soup base!) Return vegetables to pot and toss gently with desired amount of sauce, and spoon on top of squash. Garnish with coconut and sesame seeds.
Coconut Lotus Sauce
Directions: Blend first three ingredients in food processor or VitaMix. Add Bragg Liquid Aminos and blend until smooth. Pour into jar, then add oils, coconut milk, water and shake. Thin with water, carrot juice or vegetable broth if desired. Store in refrigerator.
Doc Broc CasseroleShelley Redford Young
1. Steam Broccoli with a little water in a covered pan for about 4-5 minutes until Broccoli is bright green and just crisp/tender.
2. In a food processor, process the broccoli leaves and stocks until very fine(scrape down sides if necessary)
3.Then add the soft Tofu, mustard, basil, into the food processor with the fine broccoli mixture and process. With the processor running, slowly add the Olive Oil until mixture is well emulsified and creamy.
4. In a large Electric Fry Pan, heat a small amount of Oil and add the Soy Smart Ground, crumble it up and fry it for a couple of minutes, then add the steamed broccoli and pour the creamy sauce from the processor over the top and stir in well.
5. Take the bag of chips and mash them while in the bag with a rolling pin until they are crumbs. Then sprinkle over the top of the broccoli mixture and serve.Or return the lid to the fry pan and steam the mixture a bit to soften the chips and broccoli more. Add Real Salt and The Zip to taste....YUM!
Mary Jane's Super Simple SpaghettiMary Jane Medlock
Directions: Cut spaghetti squash in half (clean out seeds). In a baking dish put spaghetti squash (facing down) in a 375 degree oven. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until done. Let cool for about 5 minutes. Using fork, scoop out the spaghetti squash into a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss. Eat warm or cold.
Scrap SoupMary Seibt, Oak Lawn, IL.
Directions: Shred carrots & celery in food processor. Bring water to boil, adding vegetable broth & onion. Once boiling turn off and leave set in pot. Add your shredded carrots, celery, stalks of asparagus and leave set in pot until vegetables are tender. Once the soup mix has cooled put in blender and mix all ingredients. Serve warm. DELICIOUS!!!
Seed PancakesDonated by Linnette Webster
This combination of seeds guarantees a good intake and ratio of essential fats.
Note: Using healthy fats to burn on (for energy) is better fuel than burning on sugars, which causes more fermentation and lactic acids.
Make sure you start with very fresh organic raw seeds and nuts
(order from Jaffe Bros. www.OrganicFruitsandNuts.com or call 1-760-749-1133 to order).
Preparation: Measure out seeds and mix together:
In a coffee grinder, grind the seeds to flour in 1/3 cup batches. (or grind all at once in your Vita Mix blender to flour)
Measure out one cup and put in a bowl for the pancake recipe. Store the rest in fridge or freezer for another time.
Directions: Pour or spoon batter into a fry pan and cook in Olive, Coconut, or Grapeseed oil, on both sides. Buckwheat Pancakes
Variation: Use 2 cups of buckwheat (made from raw buckwheat kernels) for the flour and follow same directions for seed pancakes.
Anything Pancakes Any combination of flours (seed, nut, grain, bean) follow same directions for seed pancakes.
Pancake Whipped Topping
Whip in blender and serve over seed pancakes.
Keep cold in fridge YUM!!!!!!!!!!!